Skip to content
- The most common cause of haze in wine, especially fruit wine, is caused by pectin.
- Pectin is a natural carbohydrate that occurs in fruit and is used to thicken jelly and other products.
- If you boil the fruit initially to get better color or flavor for your wine, pectin haze is even more likely.
- You can add pectic enzyme at the beginning of fermentation to avoid pectic haze.
- In addition, many times you can clear a hazy wine by adding the pectic enzyme after fermentation, although prevention is the better solution.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device