- The most common cause of haze in wine, especially fruit wine, is caused by pectin.
- Pectin is a natural carbohydrate that occurs in fruit and is used to thicken jelly and other products.
- If you boil the fruit initially to get better color or flavor for your wine, pectin haze is even more likely.
- You can add pectic enzyme at the beginning of fermentation to avoid pectic haze.
- In addition, many times you can clear a hazy wine by adding the pectic enzyme after fermentation, although prevention is the better solution.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.